The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE) has notified for information of all the concerned Students, Principals/Heads of the Govt. High and Higher Secondary Institutions, where vocational subjects are being taught as the additional/Optional at High School level (Classes 9th and 10th ) and one of the Elective subject at Higher Secondary level (Classes 11th and 12th ), that:
- Some changes in name of job roles/qualification of some trades in case of vocational subjects for classes glh and 11th have been made that will be implemented for the session 2023 -24, as per the following.
- For Class gth the syllabi for other 3 trades and for 11th the syllabi for 6 trades shall also remain unchanged.
- There is no change of syllabi for all the 13 trades (15 job roles) of classes 10th and 12th.
- The scheme of assessment revised last year for class XI and XII (vocational subjects only) and adopted last year for class XI (session 2022-23) shall now be continued for class XII this session (2023-24) like:
- External Assessment I.e. written test (theory) and
- Practical examinations to be conducted by External Assessment agencies le Sector Skill Councils (SSCs).
- The aforesaid changes have been implemented with the aim of enhancing the quality of assessment and providing a more comprehensive evaluation of candidates’ knowledge, skills, and competencies.