GMC Jammu Recruitment Opens Applications for 2023:The Government Medical College, Jammu, invites applications on plain paper (Typed) from candidates (Non-PSC/Retired) for engagement on an “Academic Arrangement basis.” This engagement, as per SO-364 dated 27-11-2020, is initially for one year, extendable up to a maximum of six years (one year at a time, subject to good performance and conduct) or until regular selection/promotion is made as per the rules governing the respective posts of Jr. Medical Physicist by the PSC/DPC, whichever occurs earlier, in the disciplines mentioned below:
Conditions & Eligibility Criteria:
Recruitment will be carried out as per rules prescribed in Government Order No. 282-JK (HME) of 2023 dated 04-04-2023 and Government Order No. 487 JK (HME) of 2020 dated 19-06-2020.
For Jr. Medical Physicist:
- A postgraduate degree in Physics from a recognized university.
- A post M.SC diploma in radiological/Medical Physics from a recognized university, and an internship of a minimum of 12 months in a recognized well-equipped radiation therapy department.
- OR a basic degree in science from a recognized University with Physics as one of the main subjects, a postgraduate degree in radiological/Medical Physics from a recognized University, and an internship of a minimum of 12 months in a recognized well-equipped radiation therapy Department.
Applicants are advised to enclose attested true copies of the required documents with their application forms, which should reach the office of the undersigned by or before 01-10-2023. The list of required documents includes date of birth certificate, domicile certificate of UT of J&K, post-graduation and MCI State Medical Council registration certificate, marks card (all prof.), teaching experience certificate, research publication details, gold medal for overall 1st position in M.Sc., higher qualification certificate, affidavit duly attested, category certificate (if applicable), and any other documents required by the selection committee during the recruitment process.
- Applicants for the posts of Jr. Medical Physicist from Govt. Recognized Institutes/Hospitals should not be more than 67 years of age as of the date of the notice, in accordance with the provision of S.O. 364.
- Selected candidates must enter into an agreement not to leave the Department before completing one year’s contract. Termination of the arrangement will require one month’s prior notice on either side.
- In cases of misconduct, indiscipline, unsatisfactory performance, or actions detrimental to the institute’s interests, the candidate’s engagement will be terminated without prior notice.
- No applications from in-service candidates will be entertained as per the provisions of S.O. 364.
- Incomplete applications lacking requisite documents/marksheets will be rejected.
- Applicants must provide a contact number and email ID.
- Applicants must attach a bank draft of Rs. 700/- (drawn in favor of Principal Govt. Medical College, Jammu from J&K Bank only) with the prescribed format.
For further details, please refer to the official notification.