At least 300 people have died and over 2,000 have been injured in Gaza and Israel after rockets were fired from Gaza into Israel by Hamas militants, Israeli authorities said.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said 232 are dead and 1,790 others are injured in Gaza. According to the Israeli Health Ministry over 100 people are dead and over 900 others are injured.
The Israeli Defense Forces have declared “a state of alert for war,” according to a statement issued by the IDF early Saturday morning.
In a surprise attack, Palestinian militants fired at least 2,200 rockets toward Israel, the IDF said. Hamas claimed at least 5,000 rockets were fired, all landing in southern and central Israel.
- Biden says support for Israel’s security is ‘rock solid and unwavering’
- Biden administration to remain in ‘constant contact’ with leaders in the region
- Over 300 dead, thousands injured in Gaza, Israel, authorities say
- Biden speaks with Netanyahu, offers ‘all appropriate means of support’
- Netanyahu says Israel is at ‘war’
- “Our commitment to Israel’s right to defend itself remains unwavering,” US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says
Fears of a ground invasion of Gaza grow as Israel vows ‘mighty vengeance’
Fears of a huge ground invasion of Gaza are growing as Israel plotted its response to the worst attack it has suffered in decades and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu promised to turn the besieged Palestinian enclave into a “deserted island”.
(With Inputs From Agencies)